Oil and Gas Field Water Management (Optimizes field chemical dosages)
Course End Date:
This course is designed to describe water handling common processes. It is also designed to describe Control systems, process parameters, optimum values and effect of deviations.
The course is designed to describe chemical injection optimization in order to safeguard equipment performance and improve equipment availability.
The course includes Review and analyzes daily production reports to evaluate gathering center production.
This course is designed to create the foundation for Water Handling Operations Management focusing on Water Injection and Wastewater Systems, understanding the water chemistry, and the chemical treatment programs applied in oil and gas production industries.
The course describes all monitoring equipment operation and evaluating its performance.
By the end of the course, participants who are almost all water handling operators should
become able to:
• Describe Water Handling processes implemented in the oil and gas upstream.
• Explain effects of deviation in values of process parameter from optimum ones.
• Inject the right quantity of water to reservoir and assure the right quality.
• Optimize daily consumption of used chemicals.
• Explain key steps in operations and operation monitoring procedures
• Describe operations common upset conditions and their handling techniques.
• Describe common operational problems and best practices in handling them
• The Stages of the Commissioning Processes and Dealing with Machinery Equipment and Specific Commissioning
• Establishing Overall Commissioning And Plant Start Up Strategies Dealing With Operation, Troubleshooting And
Problem Solving During Commissioning.
• Developing an Overall Commissioning Management Plan.
• How to Manage Risks Associated With Commissioning.
This course is aimed at Water handling operators, Petroleum and production engineers, technical supervisors.
• Lectures using power point
• Group Discussions
• Hands-on exercises
• Case studies
• Video CD-DVD
• Water characteristics and properties
- Water sources
- Properties of water
- Environmental regulations
- Water chemistry issue
- Factors affecting stability, pH and Ion strength
- Characteristics of produced water
- How produced water is handled
• Types of formations into which water is injected
- Injection Quantity & Quality
- Water sensitive formations
• Water Injection Systems
- Sea Water injection systems
- Produced water injection systems
• Water specification for disposal or injection
• Case Studies
• Oil and Water Separation
• Equipment Description,
- Horizontal Separators,
- Vertical Separators,
- Horizontal vs. Vertical Selection
• Vessel Internals,
- Coalescing Plates,
- Sand Jets and Drains
- Gas Separation,
- Oil/Water Settling,
- Water Droplet Size in Oil,
- Oil Droplet Size in Water,
- Retention Time
• Separator Sizing,
- Horizontal Separators,
- Settling Equation,
- Vertical Separators
• Water compatibility
• Water treatment equipment, processes and technology
- Schematic drawing of produced water treatment system
- Skim Tank, Vertical skimmer and horizontal skimmer
- API Separators
- Plate Coalescence equipment
- Flotation Units
• Produced Water Treatment Systems
- Biological control
- Disinfection / Polishing
- Oil removal
• Wastewater Disposal Legislations / Guidelines
- Quality control
• Water Treatment Workshop
• Produced-Water Treating Systems
- Gravity Separation,
• Treating Equipment,
- Settling Tanks and Skimmer Vessels,
- Skimmer Sizing Equations,
- Plate Coalescers,
- Precipitators/Coalescing Filters,
- Free-Flow Turbulent Coalescers (SP Packs),
- Flotation Units,
- Disposal Piles,
- Skim Pile
• Scale formation and control
- Type of scale
- Mechanism of scale formation
- Scale Inhibitors
- Scale remediation
- Scale prediction
- Scale monitoring
- Scale management guideline
• Water corrosivity
- Corrosion Forms
- Corrosion control / Inhibitors
- Corrosion monitoring
- Cases Studies
• Oil and Gas Field Chemicals and Chemicals Dosage
- Types of chemical used in treatment
- Performance Testing of injection Chemicals
- Philosophy of oil and gas treatment
- Demulsifiers & Demulsification
- Hydrate Inhibitors
- Corrosion Inhibitors
- Oxygen Scavengers
- Scale Inhibitors
- Pour-point Depressants and Flow Improvers
- Coagulant and Polyelectrolyte injection
- Treatment simulation and dosing of chemicals
- Optimization of Chemicals injection
- Discussion on the application of the different treatment programs and actual case