Understand Reservoir Souring and Water Breakthrough
Course End Date:
This training program provides an overview of the main water handling systems. The chemistry of the main water related problems of mineral scales, corrosion, bacteria, and oily water will be reviewed both from the theoretical and practical aspects. Produced water treatment equipment and typical water quality specifications will be reviewed as well as water injection and disposal systems. An exercise will be given to identify typical system problems and you will be able to apply the knowledge you gained to propose solutions. Emphasis will be placed on understanding and resolving operational problems in process equipment.
Water handling, treatment and disposal represent the biggest operating cost for most oilfield operators' methods, equipment and tools used for testing, diagnosing, and minimizing water production from oil and gas wells. Reservoir engineering and surface facility aspects of water handling, treatment, and injection on performance and oil recovery by water flood are discussed. Significant cost savings can be achieved in all aspects of water production, handling and disposal through better diagnostic tools, better water handling and better treatment and re-injection strategies. The workshop covers the fundamental theory, and the latest technological developments. It particularly emphasizes field application through lots of practical field examples, exercises and case studies.
• Covers the basic needs, understanding reservoir souring and water breakthrough issues in North Kuwait field.
• Multi-dimensional and multidiscipline level problem solving
• Trouble shoot basic operation and equipment
• Grip on typical problems and underlying failures covering hand on example
• Communications results within plant and between several plant using company prescribed procedures, protocols
and media to train others
• Communication observations ,findings and results to fields development and reservoir studies (RST) TEAMS
THROUGH designated person-in charge of water handling facilities
• Analysis start up , shut down utility failure ,ESD, process major upsets., Cause and effect scenarios flares scenarios
,materials safety data sheets
• Water monitoring, sampling and analysis for set up a treatment system.
• How to handle and control the excessive water production.
• Identify & diagnoses the side effect of water problems
• How to set up Corrosion control system
• How to overcome the water problems in upstream and downstream operations.
• Examples of troubles shooting and field solutions.
• Recognize the water treatment methods
• Understand the water injection system and its impact on reservoir performance
• Outline the water treating equipment , theory of operation, advantages and disadvantages, and the importance of oil
• Identify the quality of Water injection and disposal systems – theory of operation, corrosion, scale, and biological
• Know what is new in Oil and gas production
• Demonstrate Real Case studies.
This course is aimed at Field operators (water handling) Production, Engineers, Petroleum Engineers, Reservoir Engineers, chemists, and operators who need to understand water problems in water flooding project.
The interactive training workshop includes the following training methodologies as a percentage of total tuition hours:
• 50% Lectures,
• 30% Workshops, Group Work, Practical Exercises and Case Studies,
• 20% Videos film CD-DVD.
• Basic concepts of reservoir souring and water breakthrough
• Identification and definition of reservoir souring and water breakthrough.
• What is a “water flood”?
• How does it work?
• What types of properties make better candidates?
• How does the water flood work?
• Appling operational trouble shooting techniques to arrive to the cause and to eliminate it through a solution
• Process and equipment problems including past problems associated with start up, shut down,
ESD AND STANDWENON COMPLACE
• Prolonged feed specification , sea water and effluent water quality and chemical dosage problems
• Pressure Managementiamb problems
• WATER FOOD EXAMPLE
• Factors Affecting Waterflood Success
• Types of Oil Reservoirs More Favorable for Water flood
• Integrity management in water injection wells
• Real case sturdy ( Morgan Water flood Plant Chemical Treatment )
• Morgan Water flood Plant Injection Water Quality
• Morgan Water flood Plant Chemical Treatment
• A Annulus Pressure Management
• Water injection problems
• The injection well integrity
• Determining injection profiles
• Designing drilling patterns
• Determining the reservoirs response to water influx
• Water lifting/transfer from source location
• Chemical injection
• Water property monitoring/recording
• High pressure, high flow rate pumping equipment
• Skilled operational personnel
• Installation and operation of temporary injection facilities
• Exposure to new technologies
• Optimization of chemicals
• Quality control
• The Water Treatment Plant Operator
• Water Sources and Treatment
• Reservoir Management and Intake Structures
• Corrosion Control
• Types of water problems
• Tools of diagnosis the water problems
• Methods of water control
• Monitoring and analysis the water production
• Real case studies
• Water separation and treatment
• Layouts of Field Production Facilities
• Scale, Bacteria and Corrosion Problems
• Water treatment method s
• Methods of corrosion monitoring
• Chemical treatment and corrosion control
• The role of operations optimizations to avoid corrosion
• Water injection
• Injection well test
• Water Quality Requirements for Re-injection
• Impact of water injection on Reservoir performance
• Layout of the produced water treatment
• Water injection CASE STUDY
• Videos film CD-DVD
• Practical exercise
• Group work