Essential Skills for Professional Financial Managers
Course End Date:
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
* Gain knowledge of essential skills to enhance their ability to run the Finance Department.
* Manage finance functions in an organized and professional manner.
* Understand the reporting requirements for the Finance Department.
* Become skilled at important personal organization, staffing and time management skills.
* Apply finance policies and procedures to add-value and communicate effectively with other departments.
Who Should Attend:
Financial managers, financial controllers, finance department heads, chief financial officers, accounting managers, and senior finance officers.
The Macro Finance Picture
* Vision and Goals
* The Purpose of the Finance / Accounting Function
Managing the Financial Functions
* Managing Assets and Liabilities
* Customers and Vendors
Providing Financial Information
* Financial Statements and Budgetary Reports
* Other Internal Reports
Personal Organization and Time Management
* Staffing and Supervisory Structure
* Delegation and Priorities
* Meetings, Meetings, Meetings
* Peak Performance Time
Staffing the Finance Function
* Hiring the Best
* Communication Skills
* Evaluating Staff Performance
* Motivation, Compensation and Perks
Organizing the Accounting Function
* Organization Types
* Cross Training and Backup
* Scheduling the Monthly Accounting Cycle
Finance's Role Within the Organization
* Operational, Financial and Administrative Goals
* To Plan or Not to Plan
* Special Projects
Policies and Procedures
* Purposes of the Policies and Procedures Manual
* Communicating Financial Policies
* General Procedures