Civil Engineering for Non Engineers
Course End Date:
Overview & Course Objective:
• Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment,
including works such as bridges, roads, canals, dams and buildings
• Civil engineering is the oldest engineering discipline after military engineering, and it was defined to distinguish non-military engineering from military engineering.
It is traditionally broken into several sub-disciplines.
• Civil engineering takes place on all levels: in the public sector from municipal through to federal levels, and in the private sector from individual homeowners
through to international companies.
• This is an introductory course to the rapidly expanding field of Civil Engineering. All aspects of Civil Engineering will be discussed.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for all personnel that are not civil engineers but have their work related to civil engineering.
• Introduction to the Science of Civil Engineering
• Introduction to the Civil Engineering Profession and Societies
• Engineering Ethics
• Engineering problem Solving
• Systems of Units and Dimensions
• Construction Engineering
• Structural Engineering
• Reinforced Concrete
• Soil Mechanics
• Surveying Engineering
• Land Surveying
• Construction Surveying
• Measurements and Error Calculation
• Topographic Mapping
• Municipal or Urban Engineering