Advanced Ergonomics, Tools for Practical Application
Course End Date:
* The participants will be able to list the important reasons why objective research does exist to support ergonomic evaluation
and intervention for MSDs.
* The participants will demonstrate their understanding of the appropriate use of and application of risk / physical demand
evaluation tools for quantitative measurement in ergonomics.
* The participants will be able to list five Ergonomic Measurements tools for persons with MSDs
* Participants will demonstrate a thorough knowledge of tools, evaluation techniques and application to specific industrial settings
through scenario based group learning and presentations.
Who Should Attend:
* Ergonomics Program Managers
* Ergonomic Teams
* Industrial Hygienists
* Physical Therapists
* Occupational Therapists
* Certified Athletic Trainers
* Rehabilitation Engineers.
* Ergonomic Risk Factors
* Musculoskeletal Disorders
* Scientific evidence relating risk factors to MSDs.
* Tools used to Quantify Ergonomic Risks
* Ergonomic Standards and Guidelines
* Principles of Math and Physics to Quantify Ergonomic Risk
* Practical applications of Anthropometrics
* Application Snook Tables
* Application Manual Handling Tables
* Application, Pros/Cons of Standardized Checklists
* Application of RPE & CR10 Scales
* NIOSH Equation
* Bloswick’s Low Back Compression Force
* Bloswick’s Shoulder Moment
* Summary of Tool Use and Application
* Scenario Based Ergonomic Analysis and Problem Solving
* Integration of course tools learned