Pumps, Turbines, Fans & Compressors
Course End Date:
Course Introduction & Objective:
Most of plant's equipments are rotary. Therefore, understanding the principles of rotating equipments is very essential. Identification of failure modes and monitoring methods of failure symptom are important as well, for establishing the most effective maintenance program.
This course begins with discussing the definition of rotating equipments, their types and their primary functions, as well as the general characteristics of rotating equipments in relation with their performance.
Then, a detailed discussion on primary rotating equipments, namely pumps, compressors, turbines and fans/blowers, will be given. The discussion includes the classification for each type, the performance characteristics and the frequent failure modes. This course is closed with a procedure to conduct alignment of axles and predictive maintenance for rotating equipments.
At the end of this course participants will:
• Have an understanding of the different types of Pumps, Turbines, Fans/Blowers & Compressors.
• Be able to operate Pumps, Turbines, Fans/Blowers & Compressors as close as possible to the design efficiency.
• Will be able to monitor Pumps, Turbines, Fans/Blowers & Compressors’ efficiency, availability and reliability.
• Have learnt about selection, operation and maintenance strategies.
• Be able to troubleshoot Pumps, Turbines, Fans/Blowers & Compressors' problems.
This program is designed for:
• Supervisors, Team Leaders and Managers in Maintenance, Engineering and Production.
• It is suitable for who expects to become involved at any stage in project applications and applicable maintenance technologies.
• The seminar will also benefit those wish to update themselves on Pumps, Turbines, Fans/Blowers & Compressors technology, judge the
suitability of different types for their needs,
and learn how to operate and maintain them for the benefit of their organizations.
Who Should Attend:
• Engineers / Equipments’ Operators
• Maintenance / Workshop technicians
• Quality Control engineers.
• Process & Manufacturing / Engineers.
• Other professionals who want to have a better understanding and take advantage from the course element predictive maintenance
for rotating equipments.
• Definition of Rotating Equipment, types, functions and general characteristics.
• Pumps: classification, performance characteristics and frequent failure modes.
• Compressors: classification, performance characteristics and frequent failure modes.
• Turbines: classification, performance characteristics and frequent failure modes.
• Fans/ Blowers: classification, performance characteristics and frequent failure modes.
• Understanding the Vibration Spectrum.
• Vibration Characteristics
• Alignment of axles.
• Summary of rotating equipment's failure modes.
• Diagnosing an Unbalance.
• Diagnosing Bearing problems.
• Diagnosing Misalignment problems.
• Diagnosis Eccentricity problems.
• Diagnosing Gears problems.
• Diagnosing Mechanical Looseness problems.
• Diagnosing Belt problems.
• Diagnosing Electrical Problems.
• Predictive maintenance for rotating equipments.
• Method for test performance of the equipments.
• Equipment installation requirements.
• Equipments log book.
• Operation manual & parts book.
• Software for operation & maintenance.
• Pedestal Crane.
• Geometric Dimensional Measurement Techniques.