Handling the Emergencies in Oil Industries
Course End Date:
At the end of the course, participants will have:
• Developed their existing understanding of the Emergencies in Oil Industries
• Understood the fire & explosion characteristics
• Acquired the skills and practical knowledge of the handling of emergencies in drilling operations, production
phase, & oil and gas processing
• Expanded their knowledge on fire and explosion fighting standards and the relevance to specifications
• Acquired the skills and practical knowledge to identify the Basic requirements of safety fuel transportation and
• Understood the basic skills of hazard and risk assessment .
Who Should Attend:
Safety engineers and staff involved in oil industry .
• General overview of petroleum industries
• Types of emergencies in oil industry
• Handling of exploration emergencies
• Handling of emergencies in drilling operation
• Handling of emergencies in production phase
• Handling of emergencies in oil and gas processing
• Overview of the basic principles of fire and explosion.
• Fire characteristics.
• Characteristic of petroleum products.
• Chemistry fire.
• A tetrahedron fires.
• Stage of fire.
• Types of fire.
• Source of ignition.
• Explosion and explosives.
• Fire control.
• Fighting theory.
• Kind of fire extinguisher agents.
• Fire fighting tactics
• Fire fighting system.
• How to fight oil industrial fires.
• Contained oil fires.
• Liquefied petroleum gas fire.
• Fire pool.
• Vapor cloud.
• Floating roof tank fire.
• Boil over.
• Control and prevent crude oil tank fire.
• High vapor pressure fire.
• Case study
• Hazardous of Fuel Handling.
• Physical Hazard of Fuel.
• Fire Hazard.
• Explosion Hazard.
• Health Hazard of Fuel
• Safety Fuel Transportation & Transportation Management.
• Loading & unloading of Fuel.
• Personal Protective Equipment PPE
• Definition of risk management.
• Risk identification.
• Identification of hazard and assessment of overall risk.
• Hazard rating.
• Risk measurement & quantification.
• Risk management responses.