Effective Office Management & Secretarial Administration Skills
Course End Date:
At the end of this training, the participants will be able to:
· Define and understand the role of the office manager / administrator.
· Acquire time management skills required for better office productivity.
· Handle telephone calls properly and professionally.
· List the main causes of stress and the techniques needed to control them.
· Learn communication strategies needed for carrying out responsibilities in an effective manner.
· Develop a service attitude and mindset aimed at the internal and external customer.
Who Should Attend:
This seminar is designed for:
Administrators, assistant administrators, executive secretaries, existing or prospective office managers/senior administrators and supervisors of junior level employees
- The Role of the Office Manager/ Administrator
* Perception Versus Reality
* Competencies Required for Success
- Effective Communication Skills
* Improving Credibility and Gaining Recognition
* Speaking and Listening
* Being Assertive
* Selling Your Ideas to the Boss, Colleagues, Subordinates and Clients
Key Skills of the Executive Assistant/PA
- Written Communication
* Clear Writing
* Proof Reading
* Memos and Letters
* Note-taking from Text
* Note-taking from Speech
- Controlling Stress
- Serving the Internal and External Customer
* Understanding the Needs of Internal and External Customers
* Having the Right Attitude
* Providing Excellent Service
* Handling Complaints
- Organizing Meetings
* Preparing the Agenda
* Taking Minutes
- Managing Time
* Identifying and Eliminating Time Wasters
* Setting Goals and Priorities
* Planning and Managing Self and Others' Time
- Using the Telephone Properly
* Professional Telephone Behavior
* Rules for Good Listening
* Making Appointments