Project Planning & Management
Course End Date:
By the end of this seminar you will be able to:
• Appreciate the range of techniques and tools used in planning, organizing and controlling
and be able to select appropriate methods to suit the size and type of project being
• Establish clear and realistic targets and objectives for projects and ensure completion is on
and within budget.
• Produce accurate, workable plans giving a detailed breakdown of costs, timescales,
tasks and resources.
• Quantify the impact of problems and changes in real terms of resources, time and cost.
• Create a true picture of progress achieved.
• Understand how to motivate project members and keep the project alive and on track
project communication skills.
Who Should Attend:
• Delegates whose role involves taking a lead and an overview of a project
• Project professionals will find this seminar particularly beneficial.
• Project Administrators
• Owners involved in infrastructure and oil and gas projects
Reviewing the Fundamentals
• Review of the 'Project Life Cycle'
• Project initiation, project scope, definition and specification
• The different project roles, responsibilities and boundaries
• Stakeholder management and engagement
• Project Cash Flow
Planning Projects for Results
• Work breakdown structures
• Estimating and scheduling work
• The value of qualitative risk analysis
• Contingency planning
• Establishing appropriate milestones
Organizing the Project
• Managing the established milestones
• Getting to grips with information management
• Managing project costs - what you need to know
• Network diagrams and Gantt charts
• When and how to negotiate?
Controlling the Project
• Handling the changes and challenges that affect projects
• Running effective change control processes
• Project control systems
• Activity coding
• Earned Value calculations
• How to create an effective communication plan?
Managing People and Communication within the Project
• Leadership qualities that get results
• The keys to effective influence and persuasion
• Resource scheduling and leveling
• Relationship between time and cost
• Lean project management