Certified Administration and Office Management Professional
Course End Date:
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
• Define and understand the role of the office manager/administrator.
• Implement communication strategies needed for carrying out responsibilities in an effective
• List the main causes of stress and apply the techniques needed to control them.
• Organize meetings effectively.
• Develop a service attitude and mindset aimed at the internal and external customer.
• Apply time management techniques required for better office productivity.
• Handle telephone calls properly and professionally.
Who Should Attend?
Administrators, assistants, executive secretaries, existing or prospective office managers/senior administrators and supervisors of junior-level employees.
The Role of the Office Manager/Administrator
• Perception versus Reality
• Competencies Required for Success
• What it Takes to Be a Professional at Work
• Identifying Your Role
Effective Communication Skills
• Improving Credibility and Gaining Recognition
• Importance of Having Positive Attitude
• Being Assertive
• Selling your Ideas to the Boss, Colleagues, Subordinates and Clients
• Preparing a Professional Presentation
• What Constitutes Professional Business Writing
• Style and Layout
• Obtaining your Objective with the Reader
• Reader of Expectations
Stress Management Techniques
• Causes and Symptoms
• Identifying your Stressors
• Formulating a Comprehensive Stress Management Plan
• Elements of an Effective Meeting
• Preparing the Agenda
• Taking Minutes of Meetings
Serving the Internal and External Customer
• Understanding the Needs of Internal and External Customers
• Removing Services Barriers
• Providing Excellent Service
• Handling Complaints
• Identifying and Eliminating Time Wasters
• Setting Goals and Priorities
• Using Measures to Control and Improve your Effectiveness
• Planning and Managing Time for Self and Others
• Preparing Time Logs and Learning from Them
Using the Telephone Properly
• Professional Telephone Behavior
• Rules for Good Listening
• Dealing with Difficult Callers
• Identifying Common Phone Problems and Formulating Solutions