Course End Date:
Overview & Course Objective:
• This course is aimed primarily at those who are tasked with managing security crises,
whether at a Strategic or Tactical level or those who have to train or exercise others
in these roles.
• It gives practical experience and theoretical guidance for dealing with a variety of
• This intensive course enhances the capabilities of staff working in Crisis Management
Team at Operational, Tactical, and Strategic level of command.
• The course builds the confidence of Crisis Management Team members by using
simple background training and sophisticated simulations. This gives the delegates
the opportunity to build their expertise through understanding the systems used and
the practice of a series of progressive exercises in a safe but realistic environment.
Who Should Attend:
• Crisis Management Team Members, Crisis Management Team Leaders and those
providing administrative, secretarial or private office support to a crisis team.
• All Business Continuity professionals and members of Incident Management teams and
those required to exercise or train others in those roles.
• What is a security crisis - how does is affect the organization?
• How is a security crisis escalated and by what structures?
• Who makes up the security crisis management team?
• What resources does the team require?
• What does a security crisis management plan contain?
• How are security crisis communications managed?
• How do you train and exercise the team?
• Practicing command and control; decision making and leadership in a security crisis.
• Security Crisis Communications to internal and external agencies
• Understanding the main security crisis management systems used in industry and government
• Emergency services responsibilities
• 'Tricks of the trade', ideal information systems and method
• Roles and responsibilities at all levels
• Understanding strategies and their applications
• Central and Local Government obligations and the Civil Contingencies Act